I have a dream: a studio on wheels.
To go where I want and paint in the wilderness.
A dog for company, tramping through the bush -
free in the outdoors, capturing nature on canvas.
Publications & Collaborations
Interested in reading about the adventures of a woman artist painting alone in the wilderness? Maiden Voyage is 63 pages of stories, artwork and photographs beautifully produced in colour.
Order your copy from email@example.com.
2010, soft cover. 63 pages. $20 + postage.
In 2009, community artists from Lake Simcoe to Pickering, Caledon to Colborne were out painting scenes depicting the vast beauty of the moraine. From these impressions, twenty outstanding images were chosen to promote the awareness of our environment. Proceeds from the book will be donated in support of the preservation of the Oak Ridges Moraine.
Maiden Voyage, 63 pages of stories, art and photo images of remote Canadian journeys, self-published, 2009
- 2009 Desk Calendar, features Kelly Lake and On A Country Hill, published by Rebecca and John Horwood, Toronto.
- Connecting with Nature: Oak Ridges Moraine, features Kelly Lake, published by Herbert Pryke, 2008, ISBN 978-0-9811195-0-2
- The Art of Beverley Richardson 2007 Calendar published by The Community Association for Riding for the Disabled, Toronto
- Tapestry Magazine, King Township, cover & feature article, Fall, 2006
- Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine, cover & article, Summer, 2006
- Nobleton Schomberg District Chamber of Commerce, Brochure cover, July 2006
Fibre arts captured my interest at a young age, and I began creating clothing as soon as I could handle a toy sewing machine. As an adult I began experimenting in water colour, charcoal, clay and other media in a creativity course taught by the late Peter Kolisnyk. Since 1999 I have been painting with oils and am largely self-taught.
I am currently in the second year of a two year in-depth Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training program under Mahyar Raz, at her Setu Studio.
My formal education includes:
Expressive Arts Therapy Training Program & Practice, ISIS Canada, Toronto, 1992 - 1994
Therapy practice: Suthland Chan Schools, Women
Our Lady of Lords School, Toronto, Children
Mentor Training, Ontological Studies, the work of Dr. Richard Moss
Port Townsend, Washington, and France, 1990 - 1992
Born: 1956, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Master of Arts in Expressive Arts Therapy, European Graduate School
Saas Fe, Switzerland, 1998 - 2001. Thesis: Women’s Struggle to Grow in Long Term Marriage
Therapy practice: Family and Credit Counselling Services, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Adults, Teens & Children
Honours Bachelor of Arts, Individualized Studies, York University, Toronto, 1999. Thesis: Anxiety and the Artist